This year, Civil Service Live moved online for the first time on 14 and 15 July 2020. Over 30,000 civil servants and public sector staff joined the virtual event to hear live from senior leaders from across government, pose questions and comments, and access a tailored selection of learning and development webinars.
Civil servants and public sector staff can access all of the sessions from this year's event by registering or logging in and viewing them in our Content Library from 23 July.
- Our event offered a range of activities including:
- Keynote addresses from the Cabinet Secretary, Civil Service Chief Operating Officer, Permanent Secretaries and senior leaders
- One-to-one spot mentoring sessions with Senior Civil Servants
- Q&A opportunities with Senior Civil Servants
- One-to-one networking sessions across departments
- Sessions from the largest professions across government
- Workshops and webinars aimed at all grades and professions
- An opportunity to hear from inspiring people sharing their experiences, knowledge and expertise.
Content for the events was designed to:
- EDUCATE civil servants by sharing information and new ideas that change thinking and allow attendees to learn new skills.
- ENGAGE civil servants by making them feel part of A Brilliant Civil Service, demonstrating excellent cross-departmental working and building networks of civil servants who can support each other to improve outcomes.
- INSPIRE civil servants to adopt the vision and demonstrate leadership, learn new skills and improve their office environment to provide better public services.